United Galleries

Friday, May 23, 2008

Liddy Napanangka Walker's "Wakirlpirri Jukurrpa"


Whilst living in beautiful Australia, I learned a bit about Aboriginal art. I am no expert, by far, but one of the most important aspects of Aboriginal art, to me, is who it is represented by and what they do for the artist. I want the artists to be represented fairly, and given most of the proceeds of his/her sale. If I had my way, I would be able to travel directly to the artists to purchase from them, but that is rarely possible as many of the artists live in remote communities. Recently, I saw a post on daily imprint, a blog written by Natalie Walton, on Aboriginal artists represented by United Galleries. I have always wanted to own a wonderful painting by an Aboriginal artist, and I guess now that I will just have to start saving up :) Most of the art that I like is from Utopia, a community in the Eastern Desert. It is a dream, and that's what they're all about (in a way).

via daily imprint

You Might Also Like

2 comments