I post on my blog fairly regularly about other artists, and due to a rather rude comment I found recently, I thought it might be necessary to clarify my "policy" about posting other artist's work.
1. I always state the name of the artist.
2. I always, always link back to their website, blog, or etsy site.
3. If a personal website of theirs is not available, I link back to the site I found them on (i.e. someone else's blog or site).
4. I notify those who I have posted about, telling them that I hate posted something about their work. I think I have only forgotten to do this once or twice (never again).
5. I have started to let people know to please email me if they have any problems with what I have posted. (my email is firstname.lastname@example.org)
6. I have started monitoring comments in order to weed through "spam" or innappropriate comments.
I view blogging as a way of interacting with other artists and people, a way of networking, and discovering what else is out there. I welcome any comments you all have!!!