Vacation....finally!

After having to cancel our previously planned vacation, Dave and I are finally getting a vacation this week. We leave tomorrow for the Oregon Coast, in our new car, for 4 days of camping and relaxation. I am sure I will come back revived and full of energy and ideas!

Today I was inspired by Eliza Kate, a fellow metalsmith, who draws inspiration from nature. Below are some of her pieces. I love the hollow forms with holes to peak inside of, the organic lines, and the contrast between copper, silver, and enamel.




Another artist I found inspiring today was Lynette Andreasen, who has recently created something varying from her norm. I love her exploration of form and technique! See below for her new work, and check out her Etsy shop for more!



CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks Catherine! So nice of you! I hope you have fun on vacation! You asked about the process for this piece, it is really pretty simple. I made the copper form in the hydrolic press with a mold I made from plexi. Then I went in after it was formed in the press and chased that bumpy texture into it. The silver piece is just a sheet with ball head rivets and cold connects to the copper piece with prongs. Thanks for being interested!

    ReplyDelete
  2. catherine-
    thanks for the post. I have to say I love your oval necklaces with a bar of stones through the center. I too have just started to add stones to my work. (something I always vowed I would never do...oh well, it's expanded my thoughts)
    thanks for the mention-
    eliza

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw you mentioned Jan Baum earlier in your blog... I studied under her at Towson University...they have a great up and coming program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Eliza's new work great? We went to school together!

    Thanks so much for your kind words on my baby blog. He let me sleep for 4 hours straight last night AND get a shower in the morning. I feel like a new woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The metal smithing you keep coming across is amazing. You have a great eye for finding artists and pieces.
    I'm sorry to hear your vacation went a bit bust, but I hope that things turn around in the following days.
    Heart-leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your responses! Eliza...I never really wanted stones in my work either, but am finding that I really love it!

    Juliet...keep up that "me" time when you get it--it's the only thing that will keep you sane!! I often tell mom's to leave the kids with the dad, and go "run a few errands" for a few hours!

    Thank you Lynette for sharing your technique :)

    And thank you to Leah for your continual support. You are the greatest friend ever!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top