Forced Motivation

Portland has been cloudy and rainy for about 2 weeks now. I think we were all hoping for an "Indian Summer" due to a fairly cold summer, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. With this much cloudiness, I tend to get fairly....blaaaah....low energy, low motivation, etc. So, I'm going to force the motivation today. There are plenty of projects I've been wanting to work on, and although my torch is out of service, I can still do prep, sawing, etc. Above is a ring I made for a series called Bathurst Copper Butterfly (Paralucia spinifera). I did this about 3 years ago, and it was a response to research I did on endangered animals in Australia, where I came across this particular butterfly species.

One of the people I recently worked for is a biologist in Portland, and gave me a couple names of some endangered Butterfly species here, so off I go to research, draw, pierce, and produce. Necklaces, this time :)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top