Extreme Consumerism



I am not the first person you would think of when you think "consumerism". I usually make do with hand-me-downs, used items, old items that don't work so well, etc. As far as cell phones go, I have always gone with the cheap, basic model when getting a contract, and using it until nearly dead. The past year I've been using a hand-me-down from Dave. However, yesterday that phone met some gum, and the gum is now stuck up inside the USB port, which is used for recharging, syncing, etc. It was time to get a new phone, and a new contract (something I've avoided for a year). So, I went to Cingular, and left with the Blackberry Pearl Red. A sleek phone with a nice little rolly ball and lots of features. Not too expensive, but everything I want in a phone and more.

Second on the list, is the 2008 Subaru Forester. A couple weeks a
go, someone offered to buy my jeep for $1500--about what it's worth with the repairs, etc. that it will need in the future. So, I told him we'd need some time to find financing for another car. I assumed that Dave and I would get a used car. However, when we went looking today, we found out that we could get better financing and almost a better deal with a new car. Enter, our new baby:

This is the "sports" model...ours doesn't have the air intake thing on the hood. But Damn it feels good to drive a new car!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top