For the Love of Tradition...

Every year for the past four years, Dave and I have made a trip to the Pumpkin Patch at Sauvie Island, near Portland, Oregon.  I know I went there as a kid, but I don't know if it was an annual thing, and now it's one of the traditions we've built that I love the most.  Yesterday was no exception...


The day started out bright and blue, with a beautiful cup of coffee and plans to visit the Pumpkin Patch with friends...


....we drove along the freeway, up and over the Fremont Bridge...it's one of my favorite bridges.  I love all the shapes and the high, high arch...


....then we passed through the industrial district of NW Portland.  What beautiful lines those power lines create!...


....onto Highway 30, past the St. John's Bridge...


...and onto the Sauvie Island Bridge.  Look at those X's, and the gorgeous rust color!...


....the X's on the Sauvie Island Bridge remind me of chromosomes...


....we arrived at Columbia Farms, which has a wonderful selection of pick-your-own flowers, berries, and a great selection of crazy pumpkins....




....after we all picked out pumpkins, noshed on apples and honey sticks, we decided to head to St. John's for Thai food, so across the St. John's bridge we went...


....to a little place called Thai Cottage where we enjoyed Thai iced tea and various yummy soups, curries, and noodle dishes...


...and where Dave made me take out of focus pictures of our friends.  

I hope you had a wonderful weekend, too!  Do you visit a pumpkin patch each year?

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. We were talking about it this year but our schedule didn't work out with our friends'. Looks like a lot of fun. Hopefully next year!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top