Boxes, Cats, and Less Sleep...



What a week it has been!  My days have been FULL!  

Full of wonder and beauty, mixed with varying levels of sleep deprivation and creativity.

This last weekend, I spent a good amount of time (17+ hours) finishing a box for my mid-term project in my Book and Box Structures class.  It's a fairly simple box, but has significant meaning and lots of little surprises.  I can't wait to have Dave photograph it and show it in all it's beauty to you!  The outside cover is a gorgeous cream with tan striations, and the inside is a bright magenta!  I love it.

It felt SO good to spend the weekend in the studio, even if I wasn't working solely with metal.  There is a copper box to go in said artist's box, so I was able to make a little something (actually a really big something, the size of a crow's feather).  Now I just have to clean up all the solder and patina it!  

Amidst all this wonderful creativity, there were some lovely breaks:

Breakfast with the hubby
Cooking sweet potato, sausage and wild rice soup (which was gone in two days!)
and
Lots of cuddles with the kitties (we have to keep them happy somehow!)



This weekend my mom is visiting, and I haven't seen her since the wedding, so I'm excited.  There will be some good food, funny movies, studying for the Art History test (eep!) and possibly, a trip to the pumpkin patch.  We have been going to the Pumpkin Patch for the past 4 years...we always go to a small one down the street from the ridiculously large one...there's rarely a crowd, and I feel good about supporting the little guy.  Plus!  They have ghost and cinderella pumpkins!

What's your favorite pumpkin?

I hope you have a wonderful week!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top