Beautiful Labradorite




Labradorite Marquise Ring, 2008

I ordered this stone from Best Beads on Etsy a couple months ago, simply because it was a Labradorite marquise cut cabochon, which are very hard to find, and it had such a great flash of color! Labradorite is part of the Feldspar group, and its colors range a lot. It can be really hard to find pieces that have both good cuts and good flash.

So, I had this sitting around for a while, waiting to figure out what to do with it. The other night, I decided I was going to make something, and while looking through some old sketches, I thought "okay I'm making a ring out of this". I didn't know exactly what kind of ring, but started out making the bezel, and played around with ideas in my head of using two stones to create a ring that would be kind of open on the top, with the two stones sitting on top of a U shaped band. After pairing up stones, I realised that I should probably just use this one on its own. Somewhere along those trains of thought, a square ring popped into my head and the rest is history :)

I will be making more of these, or something similar to them. This one is a US size 6 1/2, slightly too big for me. If you are interested, let me know.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top