'Tis The Season!!!


Oh I had so many plans for this season! And yet, life happens, and suddenly all those plans for creation change, or get put on the back burner. I have been working 6 days a week for the past 6 weeks or more. Luckily, that changed this week and I now have time to work on my jewelry again! I have a feeling I'm going to have to start saying "no" to a lot of people who want my time :( Guess you can't please everyone! I feel like now is "my time" to rock my jewelry and get it out there (finally).

The things I wanted to do:

create ornaments to sell
create some stock to sell at one or more galleries
Work on my commission!!!
start work on my conceptual pieces
send out "I'm thankful for..." cards!

All of these things are possible. I just have to learn how to say NO to many many people :)

Aside from that, I am really really really looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas!!! As much as I don't like the cold of winter, I absolutely LOVE decorating for Christmas. It's one of the happiest, most beautiful times of year for me, and it's hard to believe how much I used to hate Christmas decorations. Of course, I still don't like the pairing of red and green together (blech!), but I love to have color and sparkles and lights.

Last year, Dave and I inherited the fabulous fake tree (above) from one of my bosses, and I bought some purple ornaments and lots of lights. I think this year I might either buy or make some sort of a skirt for it.


And as much as I want to buy handmade things this year (really, we have no money to buy ANYTHING), I am lusting after the beautiful stockings at Pier 1. They have heels!!! And fabulous patterns and fabric. It's really too bad I don't have a sewing machine. I'd probably have 10 stockings for myself though!!! I do have a really great one that my stepmom made me years ago, which is beautiful and rustic, with lots of buttons that have meaning and memory for me. It was a really wonderful gift and I can't wait to break it out (starting to think how cool a wall of stockings would look)....oh my, I must stop before I get carried away!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top