What a Weekend!


I finished my mom's necklace (above) early last week, but as I was feeling sick most of the week, have not been working on jewelery very much. I'm also working 6 days a week currently, which has kind of put a halt on creativity. Tonight, I'll be working on carving wax for the ring I want to cast. It's going to be BIG. hopefully I can take out as much material as possible to bring the size down :)

I've been really interested in texture, lately, and came across some antique lace in my Great Aunt's belongings. I knew that I should keep it for a reason, when I first when through the chest a year ago! I've used the pattern for the idea for the cast ring, and have also experimented with pressing the lace into wax sheets using my hydraulic press. I'll probably use some of those pressings but right now, I'm going a little different route, as the forms I was creating were not what I really wanted.

Anyway, I had a fabulous weekend which brightened my spirits. Almost immediately after work on Saturday, I met up with my eldest brother, Ben, who was in town for a high school reunion. He met Dave and myself at our house, hung out for a bit, then headed downtown to Bush Garden for sushi. YUM. We ate so much, but it was sooooo delicious!!! I absolutely love sushi.

I thought Saturday was the only time I'd get with Ben, but on Sunday, my mom called early to say she wouldn't be coming to Portland because she was catching a cold. So, I snagged the chance to call Ben and invite him to brunch. Myself, Dave, Ben, and his friend Maggie made our way down the highway and up the hills to the Oregon College of Art and Craft, and had a wonderful Brunch at Hands On Cafe, followed by gallery browsing. I so adore my eldest brother, and it's brightened my spirits getting to see him again.

Now, off to be creative.

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Your pieces are amazing! Makes me wish I had someone to give them to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you chuck! You could always give gifts to friends and family :) Most of my friends wear my jewelry, which I love!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top