Sick Sick Sick


Unfortunately, I was very sick this weekend. I had a sore throat on Friday, but managed to go to work anyway. Saturday, however, was a completely different story. I felt like someone was pushing my head in all day, and was lucky enough to have my lovely friend, Kari, come by and supply me with naturopathic sleeping pills and cough drops. Yay! I stayed in bed most of the day (consequently having to miss casting class and work) and read my book Madras on Rainy Days, by Samina Ali. I have a hopeless love affair for novels relating to all things India. I spent much of Sunday in bed, as well, sipping on TheraFlu provided by my friend January, and reading. And by yesterday, I was able to go back to work!

Speaking of work, I am now working at Equinox Jewelers, in Northwest Portland, and I love it. John and Dian are a wonderful couple and I really respect their work and integrity. Working in a upper scale retail situation is quite different than what I'm used to, but I like it a lot. Their customers are loyal and friendly, and it's definitely fun being surrounded by beautiful jewelery all day.

In my own work, I finally finished my mom's necklace last night. I put it on a small box chain that I made a toggle clasp for. I'm wearing it now but will have more pictures of the full necklace later.

And....I think Blogger is having problems, so will finish this up later.....

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top