Beautiful Days


Portland has had amazing fall weather this last week and it feels so good to have a little taste of sun before the impending 3 + months of rain and clouds!!!

Today, my mom came down from the Columbia Gorge for a visit. I gave her the necklace I made her (see post below), which she loves! And it looks great on her :) And I showed her the yet-to-be-finished-matching-ring to go with it that I will be wearing :) I had to change the emerald to a pink sapphire, though, because the emerald I had shattered.



Since it was such a lovely day, my mom and I decided to head down to the Portland Saturday Market (which is also open on Sundays). It was pretty fun. Saturday Market still has a hippie-ish vibe to it, but there are definitely some more modern vendors and quality jewelers there as well. I was sad to see that the coffee shop inside the Skidmore Building, which at one point had been teaming with customers, was ripped out. There is definitely some work that needs to be done down at the Saturday Market to bring a stronger crowd to it, and my thought is to integrate some more independent designers.



One shop I fell in love with is Appetite, by Erin Albin. She is an independent designer and I absolutely love her textiles. They are all hand printed and sewn. She also has a lovely etsy shop! She has lovely pillows and bags, as well as other accessories.

Another quirky shop I came across was Skull Cat Design....lots of fun bags and their website is cute too!


Among the jewelers present were Judy & Wayne Acton, members of the local Creative Metal Arts Guild. They are wonderful people and are very skilled in their craft.


I fell in love with the clothing at the Za Zen booth, and have seen their shop on Belmont St., but never stopped in. Lots of lovely, soft, flowing clothes.


Although I didn't purchase any artsy goods, I did buy a catnip toy from Spoiled Cat, for the babies, although I don't think they care much for it :( And, I got some Tim Tams from the Australian store in the Skidmore Building....they are lovely with tea and coffee. Yum!

Now to make a few pieces of jewelry before heading off to a family party :) And next weekend, I do my first two castings!!!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top