Unsent Letters


You know that story of unsent letters?
I'm writing those letters.
It's part of my thesis--I'm writing all those things I never got to say.
Each letter will be part of this mini-series I'm making.
Each letter is broken down into sentences, and each sentence into words (they're all blacked out).
These are some of the beginning translations of this experiment, with more to come....
In these examples, each strand represents a sentence, and each marker represents a word. I'm not truly excited about them but they've definitely given me a lot to think about as far as structure, color, and attachments.
In the end, all of the pieces will be individual with the ability to stack them, signifying the weight of all those words unsaid. I'm playing now between making them out of metal or continuing with fiber.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top