An Open Letter to My Husband


David, my love....

I am sharing this with the world, because I want the world to know.
I want all those people who have doubted us before to see it written.

Today, I was reminded by a little old lady of just how lucky I am to have you as my husband. All she said was, "David is a really nice man. You got a good one."
I remember this often, but it's nice to hear it from someone who has only met you once.

You are my rock. I could not have made it through this time in my life without you. Your patience and calm demeanor have made it possible for me to tackle each hurdle that has come rushing at us this year with peace (well, mostly).

This is why it will never matter what class you come from, how much education you have, or how much money you make. This is why no matter what people say, or how many times they say it, my love will never waver.

I know what you have been through.
I know where you come from.
And I know what an incredible, amazing person you are. You are strong beyond belief. You are stable. You are intelligent.

You are my rock.

Thank you, a million times, thank you.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top