How I Get My "Doggie Fix"....


 I grew up with dogs.  Great big ones like Samoyeds and Doberman Pinschers, and later, Brittany Spaniels and my absolute favorite, German Wirehair Pointers.  I haven't had a dog of my own in years--my schedule doesn't allow for it, and I wouldn't want to have one while living in an apartment.  So instead, I get my fix through pet-sitting, and I LOVE IT.  

This weekend I've been looking after some English Pointers who are both crazy and adorable...one is still very much a puppy, and the other is older.  I love all their quirks--like how the younger girl wants to hold the leash in her mouth, and how the older girl just goes nuts every time we see another human being.  Dogs, in my eyes, are like kids...they might be naughty once in a while, but it's almost like they can't help it.  And then their innocence just melts my heart :)


It was freezing this weekend, so going for walks wasn't exactly what I looked forward to (especially at 7 am!), but it's part of having and taking care of the pups.  And, once you're out the door, it's really not that bad.  This morning, the cat even followed us on our walk!  Too cute.  He also makes an excellent cuddle buddy :)


I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top