Resolutions!



This month, I am happily participating in EtsyMetal's Blog Carnival.  What is a blog carnival, you ask?  It is when a group of members from a group, like EtsyMetal, write on a certain topic.

January's topic is "Resolutions: personal or business, share what you are planning for 2011!"

This comes at a pivotal point in my life.  Many big things will be happening this year, which I'm very excited for.  For one, I'll be getting married in August (yay!!), and shortly after, will be ending a 5 year journey as a nanny for a family that I love.  In the midst of all this, I am changing the way I work into a more business-related model, so that I can push my jewelry making from "hobby" to "business".  That means pushing the wholesale side of my jewelry-making a lot more, which I am excited to do.  I know it will be difficult, on top of working 40 hours a week as a nanny and planning a wedding, but as long as I take baby steps, I believe it can be done (and honestly, baby steps may just be the best way for me to do it!).

In other aspects of my life, I have been working on things like relaxation and meditation, as I tend to worry and stress a lot.  Working on my relationship with food and physical activity is an ongoing process, but I definitely want to push towards a much higher level of fitness (not necessarily thinness), as my fiance and I will be backpacking for our honeymoon.

Most of all, what I am planning for this year is to enjoy life, spend more time with friends and doing what I love, and having more adventures.

What does 2011 have in store for you??

If you would like to read what other EtsyMetal members have to say, please have a look!


CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful 2011. Sounds like you have an exciting year planned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day I wrote down my resolutions for the first time. I am rather casual/non-committal about resolutions and often don't even bother to make them, until this year. It felt good to write them down. I enjoyed reading this post and will check out what the other bloggers have to say as well. You're on the right path, in my opinion. All the best to you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top