New Beginnings


This week, I embark on a new journey. Rather, a new leaf in a continued journey--because what else is life? My work schedule as Studio Manager at OCAC has changed, which now allows me a lot more time to work in my own studio!

This means new beginnings in a whole host of ways--new routine, new studio, new designs, new business identity, new contacts--the list goes on. Over the past 3 years of finishing my Bachelor's degree, my little business has floated around, rather static, with little ups and downs. Now, when I see things like my stone collection, or old designs, I realize how much I have changed. I have been transformed.

Everything feels so fresh and lively, so full of hope. I have much more confidence in myself and my abilities. I know that if I want to source and use a ton of fiber in my designs, I will figure out a way, and they will be beautiful. I have faith in my own aesthetic.

I know that if I want to create a conceptual series relating to salt, that I can. Nothing can stop me.

I am open to new ideas, more determined to make things work, and I have a better grasp on just what it takes to do that. The future holds so much possibility, and I cannot wait to show you what's next.

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top