A Surprise


On Saturday, I woke up to a surprise.
An amazing surprise. An offer of travel, to a place I've never been, and don't know when I'll be able to visit again.

On Monday, I zipped up to Seattle (photo on the left) to renew my passport...as soon as I stepped out of the car, I got a whiff of that beautiful salty port air. Oh, how I LOVE the smell of Seattle. Every time I visit Seattle, I fall more and more in love with it.
With the guarantee that my passport would be expressed to me a few days later, I zipped back home to the Portland sun, and received confirmation along the way that....

I am going to LONDON on Monday!
I'll be spending a week with my lovely stepmom, who is just incredible, and will be doing research at the Victoria & Albert Museum, as well as the Tate.
I am so excited to explore and see what this will yield for my Thesis!
I have dreamt of seeing the jewelry collection at the V&A for years, and am still in a state of thinking, "Is this really happening??"
The husband is very jealous (but also happy for me).

I am just grateful. Humbled. Excited.
Here's to another adventure.
 Here's to life turning around, for the better.
Here's to generosity and love.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top