New Work!!!


The Dalles Mountain Buttercup Earrings


The Dalles Mountain Buttercup Earrings (with Patina)


Branching Montia Earrings


Branching Montia Earrings

I have been working on a new production line in the past couple months, and wanted to share with you a couple new pieces. These are fairly time consuming to make, at least to start. This new production line revolves around representations of endangered plant species. I am starting local and concentrating on endangered plants in the Northwestern U.S., and will eventually expand my coverage. It requires hours of research, sketching, refining, scanning images into the computer, more refining, resizing (I try to match the size of the actual plant), printing....etc. etc. etc.

With all that work, I am really excited about these first couple of pieces. So far, they are only earrings, but I fully intend to expand into necklaces as well, and perhaps bracelets if the design allows for it.

Today, I was able to do some more drawings and those will hopefully be transformed into new jewelry soon, as well!

I am also doing research into organizations that help with habitat restoration so that I can donate proceeds from future sales.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top