Miranda Meilleur





I am absolutely in love with metalsmith Miranda Meilleur. I first discovered her work through this post on Design*Sponge (one of my all time faves). Meilleur is a Welsh artist who has exhibited widely through Great Britain and has been an artist in residence at Manchester City College.

What intrigues me most about Meilleur's work is the contrast between silver and steel, as well as the amazing patterns that the artist has pierced from the pieces. I have a strong love for raised silver, and find the pairing of raised silver bowls with pierced steel "saucers" to be extremely appealing and complementary. The pairing creates a relationship that is both strong, yet feminine, and it makes me wonder what the artist would have to say about her work.

Have a look at her Website for more information on the artist, her work, and exhibitions.

images originally from http://www.mirandameilleur.co.uk

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top